Language Quality Assurance Reviewers (many languages)
Currently, we are looking for Language Quality Assurance Reviewers for various languages.
At Globalme, the Language Quality Assurance Reviewer is the guard of quality translations. You will need to review localized products such as websites, mobile applications, games, training etc. and ensure that these products are ready to be released to target markets. Some products will also require light functional testing. In addition to functional and linguistic reviews, a Quality Assurance Reviewer creates style guides and provides linguistic input as needed.
This is a project based, on call, part time position that can turn into a full time for the right candidates.
A language Quality Assurance Reviewer:
- Is a native speaker of a target language, with higher education completed in their country.
- Has excellent language skills (both in their own language and in English).
- Pays close attention to detail – this is a must.
- Is able to read and follow complex instructions.
- Has a curious personality – you will need to investigate things, search on the Internet in ways that you have probably never searched before. Simply, you need a curious personality.
- Needs to feel comfortable using computers (not only email, Facebook, and the internet). You will need to install/uninstall programs and find your way around.
- Considers themselves as a tech savvy person.
- Has an up to date computer with stable internet connection.
An ideal candidate is also:
- Clever and fast — you understand things quickly and are not confused about simple things.
- Computer savvy — you consider yourself as a technical person and get excited about new technologies, applications etc.
- Driven — you’re not someone who needs to be micromanaged and you don’t wait around for problems or quality concerns to hit others’ radars before brainstorming a fix.
- Problem solver — you figure out problems that rarely have textbook solutions. “Let me figure this out” is a sentence you use often.
- Open to receiving feedback — you focus on solutions and improvements rather than finding excuses why something doesn’t work.
- Positive — you have a “nothing is impossible attitude”. You believe that everything can be done.
- Self-starter — you see a clear link between your actions and their outcomes. You don’t sit around and wait for others to tell you what to do.
- Resourceful — you have a head with plenty of good ideas.
- Eligible to work in Canada for at least 10 months from the application time.
- Background in linguistics is preferred.
- This is a project based, on call position where many projects can be done from home.
Compensation: Depending on experience, starting at $20 per hour for local candidates
Languages we're looking for:
- Spanish (from Spain and Latin America)
- Traditional Chinese