Localization team/delivery manager
Are you looking for a working environment with a team of fun, creative and passionate people who love their jobs and enjoy autonomy in the workplace?
Globalme is a language and technology company; featured for the second year in a row in Business in Vancouver's 100 Fastest Growing Companies in BC. We offer localization services for websites, mobile apps, and software, and provide a full set of services around the development of wearable technologies. In particular, speech data collection, functional testing, usability testing, user trials, semantic analysis and more, in North America and around the world. We also provide managed services to some of the exciting clients in tech and sport industry.
Currently we are looking for a Localization manager who is solution focused, has solid people skills and is customer oriented. This job is a combination of people's management and account management.
What does it mean? You will:
- Get involved in hands-on work of PMs and localization engineers to clearly understand the processes, identify inefficiencies and create plans for improvements
- Manage developments of platforms or other applications to improve localization processes
- Reorganize workload if needed to ensure 100% efficiency
- Define success metrics and deliver quarterly reports
- Identify business opportunities within the client’s organization
- Be in charge of the growth of different accounts
- Build strong relationship with customers and ensure their satisfaction
- Manage part of our localization team. You will understand their strength an weakness, help them to overcome any obstacles, help them to grown and develop skills. This will be your most important part of the job.
- Scoring high on emotional intelligence - you clearly understand what it means to be good leader and are able implement best practices to make the best out of your team.
- Experienced - you have about 10 years of work experience.
- Customer focused - you have great personal skills and ability to create strong relationships.
- Experienced in working in different company sizes - you have at least 3 years of experience working in the fast paced growing company where changing priorities are norms.
- Strategic - you are able to recognize opportunities with long term benefits.
- You are a person who doesn’t mind doing hands on work - if we lack resources, you jump in and fill the gaps.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English - you are able to clearly and logically present your ideas.
- Experienced team manager/lead - you have at least two years of experience managing teams, have a good understanding of importance of team dynamics, effective evaluations, and ideally talent development.
- A born leader - you have strong organizational and leadership skills and are passionate about leadership.
- Problem-solver - you are able to foresee potential problems ahead of time You figure out problems that rarely have textbook solutions. “Let me figure this out” is a sentence you use often.
- Focused on quality work - you pay attention to details and can’t stand sloppy work.
- Able to make logical decisions in ambiguous environments.
- Interested in continuous learning and identifying new technologies and new tools.
- Able to focus on process improvements by documenting best practices.
- Open to receiving feedback — you realize giving and receiving feedback is the most important aspect in self improvement.
- Solution focused — you focus on solutions and improvements rather than finding excuses why something doesn’t work.
- Positive — you have a “nothing is impossible” attitude. You believe that anything can be done.
- Self-starter — you see a clear link between your actions and their outcomes. You don’t sit around and wait for others to tell you what to do.
- Resourceful — you have a head with plenty of good ideas.
- Large enterprise experience is a plus but not a requirement.
What we offer you:
- Exciting opportunities to develop yourself in a fast growing company - 100% of your future coworkers say that "there is someone at work who encourages my development"
- A highly autonomous role with plenty of freedom and opportunities to excel
- A fun, stimulating and engaging work environment
- A one of a kind group of high-performing multicultural talented coworkers that you will learn to love in no-time. No joke - 100% of your future coworkers say that "my associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work"
- Extended health benefits coverage
- Never ending learning opportunities both internally and from external sources - 96% of your future co-workers say that "in the last 6 months, I had an opportunity to learn and grow"
Compensation: Total compensation is engineered to attract and retain you. It will be based on the value you bring to the organization. If you are interested in joining us, send your resume and tell us why you are a good fit for this position. Please include your salary expectations.